ICAN of Northeast Iowa is a local chapter of the International Cesarean Awareness Network, an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC).
We serve the cities of Cedar Falls, Waterloo, Black Hawk County and surrounding areas.
- Have you had a c-section and need support from other moms who have been there?
- Do you want to learn how to prevent an unnecessary c-section?
- Do you want to learn more about Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)?
- Are you looking for information about planning a family centered cesarean?
- Are you looking for Cesarean Birth After Cesarean (CBAC) support?
- Are you looking for information about how to turn breech babies and vaginal breech birth options in Iowa?
- Do you want to promote normal, evidence-based birth practices?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you belong with ICAN!
All women are encouraged to attend ICAN meetings if they are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, had a cesarean, planning a VBAC or a repeat cesarean, or just want to know more about ICAN! Open to the public. Children are welcome.
The cesarean rate in the United States is 32.8% (as of 2011) Help us to reduce that number, one birth at a time.
If you would like to attend one of our meetings, make suggestions, need support, have questions, or would like to join ICAN, then please:
CONTACT US AT:
Join us on FACEBOOK
What is ICAN? Watch the video below and hear some of our “Cesarean Voices”: